PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

March 16, 2011

Vegetable Tofu Scramble {a new recipe}

You may remember that I got my new cookbook in the mail
{finally}
and I was so excited to make a new recipe!
We had this for dinner and I thought it was so yummy!
There's a restaurant called Brother's that my hubby and I like to eat breakfast at,
and this dish totally reminded me of something I get there.
So here is the recipe for Vegetable Tofu Scramble

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 cups chopped onions
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes {I'm a sissy when it comes to spice, so I left this out}
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried {I used dried}
3 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
1 1/2 cups chopped red bell peppers
1 cake of firm tofu {about 16 oz}
2 tablespoons soy sauce
chopped scallions or snipped chives, or fresh parsley for garnish

In a skillet on medium-high heat, warm the olive oil and cook the onions with the salt, stirring frequently, for a couple of minutes. Stir in the red pepper flakes {or not}, smoked paprika, and the oregano, if using dried, and continue to cook for 3 or 4 minutes, until the onions have softened. Add the mushrooms and bell peppers and cook for about 5 minutes, until the mushrooms begin to release juice. Crumble the tofu {I scraped mine with a fork and it worked really well} into the vegetables, and cook, stirring often, for 8-10 minutes until heated through. Stir in the soy sauce and the oregano, if using fresh, and cook for about 2 minutes longer. Serve topped with garnish.

It turned out sooo yummy
{basically a variation of a scrambled egg dish}
and I love the touch of soy sauce!
We served ours with parmesan toast and some strawberries!

This recipe makes 4 servings
and each serving has only 159 calories and 11 grams of protein!


{Isaiah loves piggy back rides}

1 comment:

melissa said...

This recipe looks amazing! Thanks for sharing! && cute photos =) xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Content © All Rights Reserved | Customization © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.