PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

March 17, 2011

For Japan {with love}

I can only speak for myself,
but when I heard the news of what has happened in Japan,
and turned on the television and saw the devastation for myself,
I can't even begin to tell you the emotions that ran through my body.

The morning I found out
I was holding my baby and changed the channel to Good Morning America.
Live footage in Japan showed people running...screaming
roofs were falling, and personal items were scattered all about
buildings were tumbling down

At that point, I had absolutely no idea what was going on.
I was scared.
I squeezed Isaiah tight in my arms
as my heart began to beat faster and faster.
I panicked.

Finally {after what seemed like an eternity}
they gave some information about Japan
and how there had been an earthquake and a tsunami
and my heart sank.

I can't even imagine.

Japan needs our help, and our support.
I'm taking part in the bloggers day of silence
to honor Japan
and help raise awareness
and hopefully some money too.
{please, donate what you can...every little bit really does help}

 for more information, please visit For Japan With Love
and for even more information, please click here


{I'm going to let you in on a little secret}
you see, even though I know where I'm going after I'm done in this world
it doesn't mean I'm ready.
I still have so many things I want to do,
that I want to experience,
that I want to see.

It's hard for me to come to terms with that...because it feels as weird as it sounds
I just need a little more time here.
and sometimes that doesn't make sense.

I can't even begin to imagine what the people of Japan are going through.
how they are feeling.
the realization that this is now their life
something they have to deal with weather they like it or not.

but there is hope,
and you can help.

take part in the blogger's day of silence {March 18th}
being held in honor of Japan

2 comments:

muddypixie said...

Well Said Alex, I feel the same about everything you said! Thanks for sharing...it's hard sometimes to open up..

xo
Lin

Darcie Heater said...

Thanks for posting this, Alex. A very worthy cause.... I'm going to link to it also. Praying for our Japan friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Content © All Rights Reserved | Customization © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.