PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

August 4, 2011

Homemade Brownies

These are so good,
and easy.
{notice a theme around here with that?!}


I think it's time for a secret reveal.
{a huge one in my book}

I never use to like chocolate.
I know, shocking, huh?
With as much as I talk about it now, it's safe to say I'm making up for lost time.

I promise,
once you try this recipe, you'll never go back to boxed brownie mix.
These literally took minutes to make, and only 30 minutes to bake.
{Ha, I rhymed}

And, don't get me wrong, I'm totally not saying these are healthy by any means,
but
at least I know every ingredient that went in them,
and they're not chock full of preservatives and other...things.

-bottom line-
Super delicious and easy to make...
worth the teensy bit of extra effort to make from scratch.

Let's move on to the recipe

This recipe is via Buns In My Oven
{my new favorite cooking blog}

Karly loves chocolate and is hilarious.
Hil-air-eee-us.
Really, she had me at chocolate, but a little humor here and there never hurt anyone :)

And when I saw her recipe for Good 'Ol Homemade Brownies, I had to make them.

Ingredients

1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon espresso powder, optional
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

1.Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9×13 baking dish.
2. In small saucepan over low heat, melt butter completely. Stir in sugar and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not allow sugar mixture to boil.
3.  Pour butter mixture into a large bowl or stand mixer, beat in cocoa powder, eggs, salt, baking powder, espresso powder, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
4. Stir in the flour and chocolate chips until well combined.
5. Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes, until a tester comes out mostly clean. The edges should be set and the center should still look slightly moist, but not uncooked.  Cool on a wire rack.

And TaDa!
Brownies are served.





The one thing I'd do differently next time is bake them for exactly 30 minutes. I think mine ended up being in the oven closer to 35-ish and they're not quite as gooey as I'd like.
But overall, delicious.

Go make, em.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm drooling! These look amazing! I'll definitely try and make them when I get a chance! And YAY for knowing all the ingedients. That's how I roll, fool! O.k., so I got a little too excited...=)

Darcie Heater said...

Ahhhhhhh, those look so stinkin' yummy! Mmmmm! Nom nom. {Lol, ok, you can tell I'm starving.... Hawaii 3 months!} I'm making those in late November!

Jami said...

Oh, those look heavenly!

Sarah Cope said...

These look amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'll be trying these out for sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Content © All Rights Reserved | Customization © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.