PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

August 31, 2011

Fleeting Moments

I'm reading a new book
{and I plan to share LOTS more on that later}
but I've really been thinking about how fast life goes by.

All we have are these moments:
We can choose to be present, enjoy them and be thankful for them,
or they go un-noticed.
Passed by with the blink of an eye.

It's probably the combination of my son turning two, the last week of summer vacation, and struggling to find a balance between work and family,
but the last few days I've really been focusing on enjoying each precious, fleeting moment, and being thankful for it.

Spending less time checking my phone for emails,
Not freaking out if I don't check every social media site for updates multiple times each day,
Cuddling with my baby during his nap instead of working like a mad woman,
and not beating myself up if I don't blog at the exact right time.

I tend to be the type of person who likes things to be a certain way.
Each morning I figure out what I need to get done, and make a timeline.
But when things don't work out the way I imagined, I'm not the most easy going about it.
{something that I'm working on} 
I find that I get frustrated and annoyed. Irritated that I didn't accomplish the things I needed to get done. Frustrated that I'm going to have to find time for it later.
Heck, I feel frustrated that I'm frustrated.

However,
These last few days I've been trying to be much more easy going.
I have so much to be thankful for, even if my day doesn't go exactly as planned, and I need to remember that and enjoy my many blessings.
Instead of getting frustrated that Isaiah didn't take a long nap, I scooped him up and cuddled him on my bed {where he proceeded to sleep for almost 3 hours} and I absolutely enjoyed every second of it.

The moments that make up each day, year, month...they're fleeting. Gone with the blink of an eye, and I want to be there and enjoy every single one.





So far, it's been wonderful :)



2 comments:

Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve. said...

Great post! I need to take time to enjoy the moment more often as well!

Lindsay said...

I LOVE this reminder. :) He is beyond precious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Content © All Rights Reserved | Customization © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.