PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

February 24, 2012

Teriyaki Stir-Fry Veggies Over Quinoa {quick & easy!}


A few weeks ago I posted a cell phone picture of my veggie stir fry on my facebook page.
I got a few requests for the recipe.
Ask, and you shall receive. You're welcome.
{even though it's ridiculously easy}

Let's start with the quinoa.
I buy this gigantic bag from Costco...


And ALWAYS cook it in a rice cooker.
SO easy, you don't have to think about it and it turns out perfect every time.
While the quinoa is cooking away - it takes about 20 minutes - chop up the veggies.


For this stir fry I used purple cabbage, zucchini, broccoli, snow peas, carrots, onions and bean sprouts.
I normally throw in mushrooms, but forgot to pick some up at the store.
You can totally customize this part and add {or leave out} whichever veggies you like!


Once they're all chopped, you're ready to fry!
I always used a wok, but discovered I really like this deep pan instead.
Either way, put in a small amount of olive oil {maybe a tablespoon or less}
and then crank up the heat.
I had mine right at 8, so medium high.
Add in the veggies, starting with the crunchiest first.

I always start with the onions, as they take the longest.
I cook them for a few seconds and then add in the carrots, broccoli, and so on until the softest veggie is in.
Once they've all had a chance to cook together for just a second,
{remember, this is a quick stir fry...the veggies should still have some bite to them and not be mush}
you're ready for the teriyaki.


This is quite possibly the most important part.
We use a locally made teriyaki that is absolutely delish.
{random tidbit - the makers of this sauce own a Japanese restaurant that hubby and I both use to work at...it's where we met...aaaaawe :)}
Anyway, any teriyaki will do, so just find one that you like!


Pour a few tablespoons of sauce over the veggies and let them cook together for just another minute,
and then turn off the heat!
Mushy stir fry is never a good thing, so try not to overcook.


By this time the quinoa should be done!
{wasn't that easy?!}
Put a heap of veggies on a bed of quinoa and BINGO!
You've got dinner.


Quick.Easy.Fresh.Deslish.

Enjoy!



1 comment:

lospring said...

Looks yummy! I love quinoa. Hubby... not so much. I will have this when he is not here. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Content © All Rights Reserved | Customization © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.