PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

April 12, 2011

Broccoli & Feta Stuffed Sweet Potatoes {a new recipe}

Today was a little off...
I'm super tired,
didn't wash my hair,
and I look like a mess.
{for reals}

But hey,
the sun was shining,
we went to the park
and I even tried a new recipe for dinner!

While I am sticking to my goal of making at least one recipe from my Moosewood cookbook,
I have not been posting them!
{Sorry!!}

This recipe was super easy,
really filling
and absolutely delicious!
{perfect for a frazzled day like today}

Here's the recipe:

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
  • 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes {I am a spice wuss, so I left these suckers out}
  • 4 cups finely chipped broccoli
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

  1. In a large skillet on high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes {or not} and cook until the garlic is golden, about a minute. Add the broccoli and stir-fry for a couple of minutes. Add the water and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer uncovered until most of the water has evaporated and the broccoli is tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the salt and pepper and set aside until the sweet potatoes are baked {we were short on time, so I actually cooked my potatoes in the microwave...not exactly my favorite way, but it got the job done}.
  2. When the sweet potatoes have baked, cute them in half lengthwise and scoop out the pulp, leaving a shell at least 1/4 inch think. Set the shells aside. Mash the pulp a bit and stir it into the broccoli mixture, along with the feta cheese.
  3. Fill the baked sweet potato shells with stuffing, serve each separately, or push the halves together, with the stuffing showing between the two shells.


And that's it!
This was seriously soooo simple and quick!
{especially if you use the microwave}
We had asparagus and salad with ours, and it was such a yummy meal!

I hope you try it!!



3 comments:

Brandi said...

Um.. That looks so good! Makes me want to have dinner all over again!

gin said...

oooh; I will have to try that. I love me some asparagus too (I only wish it wasn't so expensive.)

Hanna said...

This looks totally amazing!!! Thanks so much for sharing this and for linking up to the handmade hog!!

xoxox Hanna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Content © All Rights Reserved | Customization © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.