PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

January 17, 2012

Our Loss

Source: tumblr.com via Alex on Pinterest

I've been pretty MIA these past few months - that's no secret.
Lots has happened here and it just feels awkward to get back in to blogging without talking about what's been going on.

On November 13th we found out we were pregnant, and on December 20th, we found out we lost the baby.

The first bit of my absence was to blame on extreme fatigue - growing a person takes a lot out of you! :)

And the second part of my absence was just...a rest. Time to think about things, reflect, and to come to peace with the way things ended up.

We were so excited for this new addition to our family and couldn't wait to share the news with everyone on Christmas.

Needless to say, things didn't exactly go the way we planned {though I did have an odd feeling from the start}...but that's okay. I can now say that I truly find peace in knowing that it was meant to be.

There were tears.
There was anger.
There was frustration.
There was disbelief.

But there was also hope.
And joy.
And love.
And happiness.
And finally, peace.

There's a greater picture that we're not capable of seeing, and I just have to trust that it will all make sense later.
In my humble opinion, everything happens for a reason.
I have a whole new understanding of what it means to experience a loss.
I can relate to mom's who may be going through the same thing.
I appreciate those close to me SO much. Time is precious.
I know I'm going to have a whole new appreciation and love for our next little bundle.

It still feels good to share, and celebrate the little life that we created. I have complete faith that we will have another baby, and that someday Isaiah will be a big brother - the timing just wasn't quite rite.

Honestly, we're all doing fine. If anything, this has only helped us to examine our life and figure out what means the most to us.

We're so thankful to our friends and family who have been an outpouring of love and support for us. We appreciate it.

I've become a bit of an open book, so if you'd like to know more about this process, have gone through this yourself or have any questions, feel free to ask :) alex.heater@hotmail.com

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for you loss. I can't imagine what you have been through. I will be praying for you. I am so thankful that you have peace and you are trusting God.

Jenni Austria Germany said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I can't even imagine.... but so happy to read that you are feeling at peace and have been able to see God's hand in all of this.

Jenni Austria Germany said...

ps - will be praying for you for sure.

Amy Nielson said...

ah alex, this is every pregnant woman's worst fear... i am so so sorry & i'm glad to hear it sounds like you're dealing with this in the best way possible. lots of hugs your way!

Unknown said...

my love & prayers for you...May you be wrapped in His comfort and love always.

Unknown said...

Praying for you and your family!

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. At the same time, I'm so proud/in awe of you for knowing that everything happens for a reason.

Fallon said...

I love you sweet girl, and your precious little family. :)

Cindy said...

So sorry for your loss. I love that you took time for yourself to pray and reflect. Be blessed.

Meet the Major's said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Just know that the Lord has a plan and you will get to meet that sweet little life someday. Justin and I will be praying for yall. The Lord's timing is always perfect, even if it takes us a while to realize that.

Ingrid said...

I am sorry for your loss! Stay strong! :)

Anonymous said...

beautifully said alex....glad you felt ready to share with everyone. love you xoxoxoxoxo

Jamie W said...

so sorry :( xoxo. i'll be thinking and praying for you and your family!

Jen said...

I'm new to your blog and so sorry for your recent loss. We've been through the same and it's never easy... but it can make us stronger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Content © All Rights Reserved | Customization © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.