PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

November 17, 2011

Give Thanks {week 2}











So much to be thankful for...I'm feeling incredibly blessed.

Last week I was down with a flu bug, but I'm excited to continue the give thanks series. As I mentioned in my previous post, I'd love to continue recognizing my blessings and giving thanks long after the holiday season has left, and it would be great to have you on my journey.

Each day I feel an overwhelming amount of love and thankfulness, but when someone asks me "what are you thankful for", I feel like I freeze.

My immediate answer is everything!
But is that a bit of a cop out?

I can remember being younger and praying. My prayers would start out like this: "Dear God, thank you for today and all of the blessings you've put in it..."

Acceptable prayer? Of course.
Genuine? Definitely.

I meant what I said when I said I was thankful for everything...I really am!

But does it become more meaningful when we take the time and really concentrate, meditate and savor each thing that we're thankful for? I think so.

{and please do not misunderstand this as my judgement on the way you give thanks, your prayers, or your relationship with God. this is purely my own opinion about what has made me be a more reflective and thankful person}

I decided I was done with the blanket statement of being thankful for everything. Though I am thankful for everything, I want to be more specific, precise and really enjoy my blessings.

So, writing down things I'm thankful for became a great way to do that.

Sometimes, when I sit down at the end of the day to think about what went on, it's overwhelming. Couple this with the fact that I have an incredibly poor memory, I can hardly recall the small moments that made up my day. Though there are easily zillions of things I'm thankful for, it becomes hard to pick out the few that really had an impact on me.

I've found it so helpful to keep a small journal {or notepad, or scrap piece of paper} handy at all times. When something happens that makes me smile, or resonates with me - I jot it down. At the end of the day there's a list of what I'm thankful for. It's so great to read back as a reminder of all I'm blessed with.

7 things I'm thankful for this week:
smiles from strangers
the most amazing grandparents for my son
sunny, cold fall days
hot, home cooked meals
our bodies amazing ability to heal itself
laughter
a patient husband



What are you thankful for? I'd love to hear!
Link up!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Content © All Rights Reserved | Customization © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.