I love finding healthy and less processed versions of my favorite recipes, and this peanut butter cookie recipe was definitely not a let down!
Plus, add in a few chocolate chips and you won't even miss the gobs of sugar and white flour :)
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup organic honey
- 1 cup unsalted natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips, optional..really, it' not optional...and I added at least 1/2 cup - just for the record.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, flaxseed, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash banana with a fork. Stir in honey, peanut butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture, stirring just to combine; do not over-mix. Fold in chocolate chips, if desired. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer sheet to a wire rack to cool slightly, about 2 minutes. Remove cookies from sheet and let cool directly on rack.
the perfect treat, or snack.
Heck, you could eat one of these any time!