PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

January 19, 2011

Super Yummy Vegan Banana Bread!

I've been trying for several months to find
the perfect vegan-ized banana bread recipe
but couldn't find one recipe I was totally satisfied with.
So, I combined a few different recipes and came up with some of the most tasty banana bread I've ever made 
{vegan or not!}
Plus, I can pronounce all of the ingredients
{which I can't say for all vegan recipes I read!}
and I already had all of the ingredients in my kitchen!

Here's the recipe:

2 large or 3 small very ripe bananas
1/2 cup applesauce (I used the natural, no sugar added type)
1/2 light brown sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup - the good stuff (I used grade B)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white whole wheat flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips or nuts - optional (I chose not to add either of these to my bread, but I know they are popular!)
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.

In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Add the sugar, applesauce, oil, and maple syrup, and beat to incorporate. Slowly add  in the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt (careful not to over mix...only mix until the wet and dry ingredients are combined) If you decide to use chocolate chips or nuts, fold them in here.



Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 60-70 minutes (it took exactly an hour for mine). The top should be lightly browned and a toothpick inserted through the center should come out clean. Let cool and enjoy!
Golden brown and cracked on top :)


I couldn't wait to slice it open - hence the reason there is steam in this picture :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Content © All Rights Reserved | Customization © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.